This Policy describes how personal data and/or other information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information.
- Personal Information We Collect:
- Contact Information (e.g., name, phone number, address, and email address;
- Date of Birth; marital status and your dependents,
- Financial information (e.g., bank account, debit and credit card account numbers, balances and information related to payment for healthcare services), and (as applicable) your academic enrollment status or employment details;
- Government identification numbers (e.g., Driver’s License Number, National Voter’s Card Number, National Identification
- Benefits coverage information and health information (e.g., health insurance status and information related to healthcare services received from healthcare
- Geo-Location and other demographic
- In connection with your use of our Website, we may collect the following information:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- The e-mail addresses of users who communicate with us;
- Aggregate information on what pages on our
- Login Information;
- Information volunteered by the user, such as site registration and email update requests;
- Information necessary to complete transactions with us.
- We receive information from you and others regarding premium payments and reimbursements. This information may include, among other things, your ATM card numbers, bank account numbers, and other material relating to payments to/from you; We retain personal information only so long as required by our business practices or by applicable law.
- Personal Information We Collect:
- We do not disclose any non-public information about you to anyone, except as authorized or as permitted or required by law. We do not sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to anyone for purposes unrelated to our products and services.
- From time to time, we may disclose information to fulfil certain legal and regulatory requirements or if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is legally required or necessary to protect others’ rights or to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We may also provide information to a court, government agency, or other third parties when subpoenaed or as otherwise required by law. Further, in the event Octosoft is subject to a merger or acquisition, we may provide information to the new owners of the business. Disclosure may also be required for company audits or to investigate a complaint or security threat.
- Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
- We restrict access to information about you to those employees and third parties who need to know that information in order to provide the benefits and services pertinent to your insurance policy. All personal information exchanged with third parties (such as health care providers, insurance companies, and entities administering claims) is restricted by confidentiality agreements. Our employees are trained and required to safeguard all such information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and state regulations to protect information about you from disclosure. If at any time in the future, it is necessary to disclose any of your personal information in a manner that is inconsistent with this Policy, we will give you advance notice of the proposed change so that you will have the opportunity to consent or refuse consent to such disclosure;
- We will apply the policies discussed above in the event we propose to disclose your information to a third party. If we propose to disclose your information to a third party that is acting as our agent or on our behalf, we will ensure that the third party has agreed to assure adequate protection of your information.
- Choice/Opting Out:
- You may choose to restrict our use of your information. You may exercise your choice to “opt-out” of providing personal information in many ways. When selecting to use certain services or features of our Website, you can choose whether to share personal information with respect to the particular service or feature. If you receive communications from us that you do not want to receive, you can opt out from receiving these communications, by requesting that we remove your information from our database.
- You may also opt out entirely from providing personal information to us by not creating an account on our Website, or not completing transactions with us through the Website. You may also choose at a later date to have your name removed from our database. However, certain sections of our Website do require registration in order to use these sections and services. If you choose not to register or provide certain information, these sections will not be available for your use.
- We will not use your information for any purpose other than for those purposes you have authorized. Further, we will not use your information for a purpose that is incompatible with the purpose for which it was originally authorized by you.
- Your user account containing your information is password protected. Only those who log on with your password can access your account. Our authorized personnel may also access your user account. Any transactions requiring you to enter personal identifying information are submitted via a secure, encrypted page. We have taken appropriate security measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, please remember that you play a valuable part in security as well. Your password to access your account should never be shared with anyone. After you have finished using the Website, you should log off and exit your browser so no unauthorized persons can use our Website with your name and account information. Furthermore, if you provide any information to parties who operate websites that are linked to or from our Website, different rules may apply to their collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such other sites before revealing any sensitive or personal information. Despite precautions taken by you or by us, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. We cannot ensure or warrant the ultimate security of any information you transmit.
- We make every effort to ensure that the information on the Website, as well as the information which you have provided to us, is reliable for the use you intend, and that it is accurate, complete and current. To assist us in ensuring that your information is relevant on an ongoing basis for its intended purposes, we encourage you to update your information on the Website as frequently as may be necessary.
- Access our Websites through Mobile Devices:
- If you access our websites on a mobile telephone or mobile device, we may also collect the related unique device identifier and mobile device IP address, as well as information about that device’s operating system, mobile carrier, and location information.
- Your Access to Your Personal Information: You may request a copy of our records of personal information relating to you and may ask us to correct the information contained in those records. Note that we may not be able to correct inaccuracies in the information provided to us. To submit a request to review your information, write us at the address below and include, as applicable, your name, your Member ID, your Policy Number and Government identification number, and identify the information you want to review. If you want to request a change to inaccurate information or lay a complaint, you may call us at 07034147143 or write us at the address below:
To: Octosoft Technologies LimitedSum House, 350 Borno wayAlagomeji-YabaLagos, Nigeria.
You do not need to contact us or take any other action to preserve the privacy of your personal information as a result of this Policy.
- Governing Laws: