Job Title: Network Engineer
Team: IT Managed Services (The OctoSquad)
Reports to: Team Lead, IT Managed Services
• Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
• Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
• Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
• Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
• Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
• Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
• Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
• Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution. Requirements and skill
• Proven hands-on network engineering experience.
• CCNA or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
• Knowledge of Sophos firewall
• Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
• Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
• Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytics tools
• OND, HND, BSC in Computer Science or a related subject